Bulgarian agencies and the Ministry of Justice provide updated, comprehensive information about each child to prospective adoptive families and to families matched with a child.
Children Available for Adoption:
- Children 18 months and older at the time of referral
- Waiting Children are 8 years and older who are considered healthy
- Children of all ages with special needs
- Parents must be 25 or older
- Single women may adopt
- Single men may be considered on a case by case basis
- The age difference between the child and the parents can be no more than 50 years from the youngest parent or single parent.
- The older parent can be no more than 55 years older than the child.
- Parents must be between 18 -50 years older than the child
- Two trips to Bulgaria
- First Trip: 7 to 8 days
- Second Trip: 10 to 12 days
- There must be 4 to 6 months between the two trips
- 1 to 2 months from submitting a dossier to registering with the Bulgarian Ministry of Justice
- Waiting Children: 2-4 months from registration to match to a child
- Non-special Needs: 5+ years from registration to match to a child