Bulgarian agencies and the Ministry of Justice provide updated, comprehensive information about each child to prospective adoptive families and to families matched with a child. The children in Bulgaria have access to a wide range of programs to aid in their development. Once matched our partners are happy to work with families to maintain contact with their children and facilitate bonding during trips.
Children Available for Adoption:
- Children 18 months and older at the time of referral
- Waiting Children are 8 years and older who are considered health
- Children of all ages with special needs
- Parents must be 25 or older
- Single women may adopt
- Single men may be considered on a case by case basis
- The age difference between the child and the parents can be no more than 50 years from the youngest parent or single parent.
- The older parent can be no more than 55 years older than the child.
- Parents must be between 18 -50 years older than the child
- Two trips to Bulagria
- First Trip: 7 to 8 days
- Second Trip: 10 to 12 days
- There must be 4 to 6 months between the two trips
- 1 to 2 months from submitting a dossier to registering with the Bulgaria Ministry of Justice
- Waiting Children: 2-4 months from registration to match to a child
- Non-special Needs: 5+ years from registration to match to a child