Position: Clinical Manager
Line of Authority: Operational Director
Seeking a Clinical Manager with experience with International, Domestic, and Post Adoption Services. 2+ years of experience with International Adoption preferred.
Basic Functions: Oversee Adoption Workers responsible for CAS/ABC compliance issues, licensing and regulatory compliance with partnering agencies, state licensing authorities and Department of State. Provides clinical support to families and staff, through providing exceptional services and program growth. Oversee and develop consistent training for current Adoption Workers and for onboarding Adoption Workers.
Position Requirements: Master’s degree from an accredited school of social work or master’s degree in related human service field, including but not limited to psychology, psychiatry, counseling or with a degree in a human service discipline and minimum of five years professional clinical/administrative in providing family and children’s service, preferably in international adoption. Must have skills to engage with staff members to provide excellence in service delivery, assure adherence to regulations and accreditation requirements in practice and documentation. Must be able to provide services from the team in a timely, accurate manner with strong customer service focus. Requires excellent written and verbal communication with clarity and specific instructions. Ability to edit with attention to details. Must reflect the ability to work with professionals and clients in a professional timely and accurate manner. Must be flexible, well organized and able to adjust workload to changing agency needs. Must reflect sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the agency’s service population.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversee the daily functions of adoption workers in NC, VA, and SC to assure exceptional services and program growth.
- Responsible for the personal engagement of the team with all consumers and community guests.
- Continual engagement across agency to connect team in services and clear communication to individuals and families served by CAS/ABC. Continual engagement
with agency leadership to develop supervisor skills.
- Provides supports for agency, including travel, for continual agency clinical development.
- Provides the clinical support to families and supports the families served by CAS/ABC.
- Obtain proficiency with eAdopt database and assist with updates to eAdopt to ensure functionality for all staff including training.
- Provide consultation to staff on policy, procedures, state adoption regulations and Hague related issues including USCIS.
- Ability to comprehend all applicable regulations and assure they are provided in scope of work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, out Outlook.
- Engage in proactive planning to support families and solutions to challenges in service delivery.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of all regulation and legal requirements for services and integrate compliance within the service delivery. Adheres to all agency policy and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance tracking for all VA families, which include 90-day contacts, annual education for families, clearance tracking for children and adoptive parents according to regulations.
- Responsible for reviewing Home Studies, Home Study Updates, Amendments, and RFE’s prior to approval and finalization.
- Ensure that staff documentation and client files are maintained in accordance with requirements set forth by agency policies, funding sources, Medicaid guidelines, and state and federal laws.
- Maintain collaborative and supportive relationship with client families, adoption workers, and other placing agencies.
- Continually develop knowledge of agency programs and policies, international adoption issues, domestic adoption issues, US Immigration and state adoption law, and other regulations affecting international and domestic adoption.
- Participate in adoption webinars and other trainings.
- Attend staff meetings, agency events and other designated events.
- Obtain required annual staff training hours.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
- Participate in staff meetings, family service team meeting, and facilitate Adoption Worker meetings.
- Perform Adoption Worker evaluations and provide clear, direct and supportive feedback
- Other tasks as assigned by Operational Director.
Join our Team!