Position: Foster Care Services Coordinator
Line of Authority: North Carolina Domestic Program Manager
Hours: 20 hours/week
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Degree preferred in social work, counseling, or related field
- Combination of clinical skills, assessment of need, plan of care development, and community engagement skills
- Must have skills to engage with staff members to provide excellence in service delivery, assure adherence to regulations, and accreditation requirements in practice and documentation
- Requires excellent writing and editing skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must reflect sensitivity and responsiveness to client needs and to cultural differences present in the agency’s service population
- Bilingual is a plus
- Previous experience in foster care services preferred
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to North Carolina Domestic Program Manager in providing oversight of foster care services in North Carolina.
- Completes home visits with licensed foster families as required by regulation.
- Support foster family recruitment efforts throughout North Carolina.
- Conducts foster home licensing and mutual home assessments under the supervision of the NC Domestic Program Manager.
- Tracks foster family licensure timelines and ensures that all documentation is submitted timely.
- Fields referrals of children.
- Conducts foster parent training with the support of the Program Manager.
- Completes monthly reports of placement progress and additional reports as needed.
- Professional collaboration with other agencies providing services to CAS families. Continual engagement with agencies as a representative of CAS.
- Supports the success of the adoption process by engaging with families professionally and timely.
- This is an office-based position.
- This position involves some travel, and a valid driver license is required.
- Must be passionate about children and families!
- Other duties as assigned