Children’s Adoption Services partners with Family and Children’s Agency in Connecticut for the South Korea adoption program. The Family and Children’s Agency is the primary provider for this program. Since 1982, Family and Children’s Agency has worked with the Korean Social Welfare Society (SWS) to place South Korean children with adoptive families.
Children Available for adoption:
- Boys up to 12 months old at the time of referral
- Families returning for a second adoption through this program are eligible to be matched with a girl
- Married couples ages 25 to 44 years old residing in North Carolina, South Carolina or Virginia
- There can be no more than one divorce per person
- One parent bay be 50 or younger if the couple has adopted from South Korea before or one parent is Korean
- Families can have no more than 4 children already in the home
- No criminal record or criminal history
- Parents cannot exceed a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 29.9.
- Click here for SWS BMI Chart
- Two trips to South Korea
- First Trip: 1 week
- Second Trip: 1 week
- 0 to 12 months from submitting program packet to being matched with a child
- 10 to 12 months from being matched with a child to travel