Children’s Adoption Services has a reputable network of partner orphanages and in-country representatives across Uganda. Few African countries are open for international adoption. The adoptive families are in-country together, giving parents the opportunity to support each other through the initial bonding period.
Children Available for adoption:
- 6 months to 12 years old at the time of referral
- Married couples ages 25 to 55 years old married at least 2 years
- 55 and over are considered on a case by case basis.
- Single women 25 to 55 years
- There must be at least s 21 year age difference between the parent(s) and child
- Families must be practicing Christians. Orphanages require a religious statement and a referral from the family’s place of worship
- Families are required to live in Uganda and foster their child for 12 months.
- At the conclusion of the one-year fostering period, families should anticipate spending an additional 3 to 6 months in-country for court, finalization and U.S. Embassy appointments
- 3 to 6 months from dossier submission to referral of a child
- 12 month fostering period begins immediately after your referral