Carolina Adoption Services is recruiting part-time adoption workers to write home studies and home study updates for families residing in Virginia who are applying to adopt a child into their family.
- Attention to detail with superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize many documents into a home study portfolio that meets state and international requirements.
- Provide post-adoption supervision with completed reporting after families return home.
- Applicants must be willing to travel and complete a modified home visit and inspection while maintaining social distance and abiding by safety guidelines, due to COVID 19.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and Saturdays, as needed.
- Applicants must be adept at utilizing video conferencing, such as Zoom, to complete assessments.
Preference for candidate with strong counseling background and ability to provide counseling/education to all members of the adoption triad. Master’s Degree in Social Work or related area of study from a school accredited by the Association of Colleges and Schools; or a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (or equivalent) and two years’ experience working directly with children.
Candidates with related Bachelor’s Degrees will be considered on a case-by-case basis along with commensurate experience.
Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter. If you meet the qualifications, a staff member will follow up with you. No phone calls, please.